Thursday, March 15, 2012

Kaling and Cody


Do you ever have one of those days where you're having a meltdown and to avoid it you start watching some show you haven't heard of on Hulu and next thing you know you've watched 6 episodes of a show that turns out to actually be an extended advertisement for pore cleasing strips and the new SUV Hyundai. Well I had one of those days recently and I'm really glad it didn't just happen again. This time I happened upon this short Diablo Cody "show thing" where she interviews other stars. In this episode of Red Band Trailer she interviews Mindy Kaling. Yo girls! Can we hang out and be friends! Its not every day that you get to hear a couple of female writers shoot the shit - nevermind shoot the shit about sperm shooting hunks vs. Rivers Cuomo.

Also other thoughts : I know its all popular and shit to hate Diablo Cody but I am really not on board with the haters. So Juno was twee and the teen had a baby but lets not throw the bathwater out with the baby.... I saw both Jennifer's Body and Young Adult in the theater and I want to support young female writers who create complex female characters. I have so many thoughts on Young Adult, I should write a post on that too.
In addition, I recently listened to the audio book of Mindy Kaling's Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me. I love that she rose to fame playing Ben Affleck in drag! A good guilty pleasure of a read!

No comments: