Monday, April 4, 2011

Urgh! A Music War


Urgh! A Music War is a British movie documenting live performances by punk, post punk, and new wave bands in 1980. It has a pretty flushed out wikipedia page so you can read about it here. Below are some of the lovely ladies of Urgh!







The Au Pairs - Come Again
Mixing male and female musicians the Au Pairs were very interested in gender politics and making a statement with their lyrics and lineup.



The Cramps - Tear It Up
I'm kinda in love with this performance. How low can you go! How dispassionate can Poison Ivy get?



Toyah - Danced
You may have seen her in Jubilee or Quadrophenia.



The Go Gos - We Got The Beat
Why don't they make em like this any more?



Joan Jett - Bad Reputation
I've got a girl crush.



X - Beyond and Back
The high priestess of punk, rock, country and most other things.

3 comments:

Matt said...

Great film!
I have linked your article on my yahoo discussion group for Urgh.
You are more than welcome to join us there too if youd like

Matt

Anonymous said...

Don't forget Dianne Chai with The Alley Cats.

Patricia Marques said...

I gotta say: This film must be amazing !! O.O I've reasently watched "The Runnaways" and "Foxfire" and I was craving for another movie like these two XD ... I hope this one won't dissapoint me !!

Patricia