Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Lady Faithfull



Marianne Faithfull is kinda like the Meryl Streep of Rock and Roll. She's like a fine wine that collects street cred instead of dust and that most gals fantasize "oh all be just like her in my mid 60s". Except of course she's way more badass than Meryl and always has been, despite those demure looks of the 60s. Remember that time The Stones got busted for drugs and she was caught wearing only a fur rug?
Anyhow, I've been listening to her 1979 album Broken English on repeat lately and I really recommend downloading it. Here's a smattering from the ole' lass.





I know I already posted this a while ago.. deal with it.

Broken English








Ballad of Lucy Jordan






Why D'ya Do It? - My new fav!





Working Class Hero





Who else gets to perform with both David Bowie and Metallica!


Watch David Bowie & Marianne Faithfull - I got you babe 1973 in Music | View More Free Videos Online at Veoh.com

No comments: